Dolomites ski tours, a UNESCO World Heritage Sit offer a unique skiing experience that goes beyond the traditional ski resort vacation. Hut to Hut Dolomites Ski Touring is a winter adventure that allows you to explore this alpine wonderland in a way that few get to experience.
Hut to Hut Ski Touring - An escape from the crowds
The Dolomites are known for their popular ski resorts, but the real magic lies in venturing off the beaten path. With ski touring equipment, you can leave the hustle and bustle behind and embark on a journey through quiet and pristine valleys. This type of skiing is an opportunity to connect with nature and experience the Dolomites in their purest form.
Keep reading: what is Ski Touring?
Skiing from valley to valley
During a five-day adventure in the Dolomites, you'll have the chance to ski from one valley to another, each day presenting a new and breathtaking landscape. The Dolomites' iconic jagged peaks provide a dramatic backdrop to your skiing journey, and as you glide through these valleys, you'll find a profound sense of serenity and connection to the natural world.
Mountain Huts: your Cozy Retreats
One of the unique aspects of this ski touring experience is the accommodations. Instead of staying in traditional ski resort hotels, you'll have the opportunity to sleep in mountain huts, or "rifugi." These rustic lodgings offer a warm and welcoming atmosphere, and their remote locations allow you to fully immerse yourself in the mountains. Each hut has its own character and charm, making your stay a memorable part of the adventure.
Read: the best Ski Huts
Skiing off-Piste and skill development
While the Dolomites offer fantastic skiing on prepared pistes, the ski tour also provides the opportunity to broaden your skill set. With a qualified UIAGM mountain guide leading the way, you can explore off-piste terrain, skiing on untouched snow and elevating your skills. This adventure lets you step outside your comfort zone and embrace the challenges of the backcountry.
Highlights of your 5-day Hut to Hut Ski Touring Adventure
Skiing Test in Val Monzoni
- Warm-up day with a ski touring test to assess the group's abilities.
- The stunning setting of Val Monzoni in the Dolomites provides the backdrop for this day.
Val di Fassa to San Pellegrino
- Start from your hotel and ascend to Passo delle Selle (2,530 meters).
- Descend to Passo San Pellegrino (1,900 meters).
- Climb to Rifugio Fuciade (1,950 meters) for an overnight stay.
- Spectacular views of Marmolada and Pale di San Martino.
San Pellegrino to Marmolada
- Ascend to Forca Rossa (2,500 meters) under the south face of the Marmolada.
- Enjoy a thrilling backcountry downhill run to Malga Ciapela.
- Take a lift to the top of Marmolada at 3,300 meters for a freeride powder ski.
- Private transfer back to your hotel in Pozza di Fassa.
Canazei to Val Badia
- Climb to Piz Boè pass at 3,000 meters, offering a close-up view of the Sella group.
- Descend through the picturesque Val de Mezdi to Corvara in Val Badia (1,500 meters).
Val Gardena to Val di Fassa
- Start in Santa Cristina in Val Gardena and ascend to the base of the Sassolungo.
- Choose between a simpler or more challenging variant to the fork.
- Descend along ski slopes to the village of Canazei.
- A fulfilling conclusion to the ski mountaineering adventure.
Dolomites Ski Tours offer an extraordinary adventure that combines breathtaking alpine landscapes, the pleasures of Italian cuisine, and the thrill of skiing in a serene and unspoiled environment. It's a chance to create lasting memories, connect with nature, and immerse yourself in the unique magic of the Dolomites. Whether you're an experienced ski tourer or new to the sport, the Dolomites offer a winter experience like no other. Pack your touring skis and embark on a journey through the fairy tale world of the Dolomites in winter!